Vindicare Assassin Painting tutorial

I painted this guy up as the first trial from the Assassins box set.  He's a great model, as was seen in the assembly video, and surprisingly simple to paint.  I followed the painting guide that came in the White Dwarf that the box was announced.  Interestingly most of the colours were one layer highlight.  Examples being the red leather straps (just Pink Horror) and metallics (just Runefang).



I'm not sure I nailed the black suit.  Its an interesting highlight technique that tries to simulate a shiny skin, so you have stark highlights that are almost in the recesses.  I think it turned out ok, but not amazing.  I'm going to work on this for the other models as I do them, and we'll see if I can improve on the technique.  It also works for things like Savage Orc skin, so I'm keen to learn.

















1 comment:

  1. Really nice work. I painted mine green which has turned out to be a very marmite decision. If you want a link to my photos give me a shout. Keep up the good work.

    Stevo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...