Finished Xmen diorama at 50%

I finally finished up the last two figures on the X-men vs Sentinel diorama.  I joined the preorder in early march, and it was released around the start of our lockdown.  I started with a full size version, but once I had it all printed I decided I needed a 50% size one that I could actually display.  That's what this is.  Storm and Jean were a stretch bonus that I had to pay extra for.

Click more below to continue... details about where to purchase and tons of pictures.






The base was printed in one piece on my Geeetech A30 (same print size as CR-10, 300x300).  I used FDM for the base, scenery and Sentinel (except his head).  All the figures were printed in resin by my brother on his photon.

The model is from Dennis Xawery Moore, on this facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3dfigureprints/
Typically he has preorders for designs that go up in price as they get closer to release.  Models are great and come keyed for assembly.  There's some fitting issues when printing at 50% as the tolerances aren't designed for that.

Painting: some airbrushing for base coats or large areas, but otherwise using my usual citadel and reaper paints using layering techniques.  The scale and chibi nature mean that some techniques are better than others.  Contrast paints are good for shading or lining, but don't do well on large surfaces.  Drybrushing doesn't go well on FDM because of the layer lines.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...