Movement trays (again)

Ok, I've written about making movement trays before, but I think I've finally figured out a design that is simple, durable and inexpensive. I used plasticard sheets (0.060" thick) and 3.2mm 1/4 round rods (it'd be a circle with 6.4" diameter cut in 4 equal sections). A little magnetic paint and some rare earth magnets on my bases and I'm good to go. Now I can make tons of different movement trays for much less than the GW modular tray set. Well, if I count the magnets into the price its still probably about half the cost and I'm further ahead of the game. I wrote an article for the members section of www.miniwargaming.com, so I can't write all the instructions here, but I will post a couple pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...