Ogre Firebelly Finished

After a couple work in progress posts, here's the finished model.  Overall I'm pretty happy with him, and the fire as a light source was a cool learning experience.  I'm actually more happy with the fire than the OSL look... I've never really had much success with the flame look, and I think this one turned out ok.



Outside of the paint job I'm pretty disappointing with the finecast aspect of this mini.  For the price I'd expect something much higher quality, and this ended up having bubbles and seams all over.  Not enough to call it a miscast, but disappointing considering the price.  I've done a fair number of finecast models and as a whole the only upside I can see is that they are lighter (therefore don't need pinning) and easier to clean mold lines.










Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...