Genestealer Cult progress

I've been working on the primus and magus from the Genestealer cult half of the death watch box.  These guys are pretty sweet models and with my simple paint scheme they paint up pretty fast.  I tried out the new gloss wash (nuln oil) of the grey bits and am pretty happy with it.  It seems to collect in the deeper areas without tinting the raised portions as much.  I'll have to see how it looks after a dull coat spray, but for now it seems to be a good improvement. I painted a few more details after these pics, including a purple tint for the flesh... but they are done now, so its on to the final batch of 4th generation cultists now.





4 comments:

  1. The orenge on the cloak is just gorgeous. fantastic colour and light manipulation! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the orange! Good to hear about the nuln oil gloss! I haven't heard too many talking about it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...