DIY Magnetized movement trays

Here's a follow up to the previous diy movement tray article. What I've done here is cut out a fridge magnet to size and added rare earth magnets to the bases. The sheet magnet is from the dollar store (it had a sleeve for a 4x6 photo), and cuts easily with scissors or a knife. The other magnets are the rare earth type available at store.miniwargaming.com. The ones used here are larger ones, but I'll have to use small ones for the smaller bases of the night goblins. A green stuff (or putty) and super glue is used to attach the magnets to the bases. I've done the same thing with all my 40k Orks so that I can transport them in cookie tins. The magnetic sheet is ok, but the magnets would actually stick better to a sheet of metal. I'm still trying to source out an inexpensive and easy way to do it that way. I also have magnetic paint, so I'll be giving that a try in the future as well.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...