Lots of progress. I did a devlin mud wash, followed by bleached bone drybrush on the wood, and chain mail edging on the metal. The red was layered with GW's blood red then blazing orange. I still need to do the fungus and ropes.
The bases were done with Mike's basing material, which is an amazing mixture of turf, static grass, rocks and sand. He made a tub of it for his 100 orks in 8 days challenge, and there's still tons of it at the club. Oh, and there's cork on each of the bases. I got these used (assembled but unpainted), and that's how they came.
I've done the scorpion green highlight on one of the crews. The second crew only has snot green over ork hide shade.