DIY Modular table wip pics

I've been talking about this project for a while with the guys from MWG... I really like the GW Realm of Battle modular table, but there's no way I would want to pay $350 for it. So, the solution is that I've challenged myself to make a 6x4 modular table for under $50. I'm convinced I can do it, and here are some work in progress shots. I'll be making a video of the steps once I'm done along with a list of materials.




(priming the back side to prevent warping)






6 comments:

  1. What are you doing in the fourth picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are ceiling tiles and they come with an edge where the framing goes. I'm just trimming them so they are square. Unfortunately there are slightly less than 24" square (less with that cut off), otherwise I would just use them with some sort of backing so they don't fall apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, that makes sense. I figured the tiles were thin MDF, but you cannot cut that with a utility knife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first 3 pics are thin mdf, the 4th and 5th are ceiling tile. I'll explain that better when I do a video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be a cool looking table. I am not sold on using the ceiling tiles. They are not that thick and you will have to stack them to get some height. I will be watching your progress on this and look forward to your update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. all right, this should be really interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...