High Elves Spearmen WIP 2

Here's another work in progress post for the high elf spearmen I'm working on.  These guys are taking forever, but I'm getting close.  I knew it would be a challenge, and I've been away from the painting table for a little bit, so its taking longer than it should.  The big problem with this batch is that I'm going to have to do it again as I have at least another 40 to be assembled and painted if I ever want to get my high elf army completed.

Every time I go back to these guys I'm reminded of a commission I did back in high school.  I painted up a batch of high elf spear men from whatever fantasy box was out at the time.  That was way before washes, foundations and coloured primers, and I recall that it nearly drove me insane.  But that was before I really enjoyed painting, and I was just doing it for the extra hobby money that the painting would bring...








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...