High Elf Sword masters Tutorial

I did a unit of these guys way back when Island of Blood came out, and its been one of the more popular videos on my youtube channel ever since.  Well, my tutorials have changed a lot since then, so I thought it would be a good idea to paint another batch of them.  I started doing these just before the long drawn out Ork release, so about half way through I switch over to the new video camera.

Anyway, the main difference with the painting techniques is that I sprayed them silver to start, gave them a blue glaze, then did all of the other colours.  It cut out a bunch of steps, and I'm pretty happy with how the metal turned out.






















6 comments:

  1. Brilliant guide and fantastic looking models. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great. What spray metallic did you use? Did you prime first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the Army painter silver. Doesn't hurt to prime first, but not necessary

      Delete
    2. i cant find the primer where did you get it?

      Delete
    3. Local hobby store. GW sells one now which would work (but more expensive)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...