Here's a couple pics of my Ultramarine force before and after the base coat. I used double sided tape to attach them to the strips of wood and sprayed them with some army painter sprays. Nothing fancy here. I did the underside of the shoulder pads gold in hopes that it'll save time when I do the edges. Next up will be some zenith highlights with the airbrush followed by the additional base colours.
I'm thinking the process will be:
Spray base coat
Airbrush gloss (future floor polish)
Decals (maybe paint some gloss on areas for decals first)
Final highlights (going to try water colour pencils)
Final assembly and basing.
Hopefully this will be quick and easy.